Is goat milk healthy for babies gut !
It is the world of cow and buffalo milk packed in tetra packs and sold. It is an unfortunate and pathetic situation that these tetra packs and packets are known whether they are pure or adulterated and very less knowledge about the goat milk and its benefits.
New study research has shown that goat’s milk can be super-healthy for kids and babies. Goat’s milk has various health benefits like protecting against gastrointestinal diseases since it has two properties :
- Strong organic properties
- Anti-epidemic properties
According to a research by RMIT, authored in the British Journal of Nutrition, oligosaccharides (fucosylated and sialylated ) present in goat’s milk formula is a kind of prebiotic, which helps in increasing the development of favorable bacteria (bifidobacteria) and save you against dangerous bacteria(E. coli) in the gut of children and infants.
The scientists have further examined the work, including various trials, to prove how goat milk is beneficial to kids.
Harsharn Gill, lead author of the research said that fucosylated are the most plentiful oligosaccharides in human milk. These fucosylated are the target of important commercial and regulatory interest. However, oligosaccharides play an effective and significant role in the anti-epidemic properties of breast milk.
Here are the few benefits of having goat milk:
- As goat milk consists of no agglutinin, it is easy for the kids to digest compared to the cow milk which causes fat blobs to cluster into lumps.
- Goat milk has tiny fat particles and softer curds of protein. These particles have a property of less nauseating feel compared to cow and buffalo milk to young kids.
- Compared to cow and buffalo milk, goat milk contains more of selenium, niacin, vitamin A
- Lactose is harm for few, especially for lactose intolerance people, who went takes lactose causes gut disorders. Goat milk contains less amount of lactose and lesser hypersensitivity property.
- It has been shown that goat milk also consists of conjugated linoleic acid, which also helps to enhance the brain’s health.
- The study also suggests that goat’s milk has a high amount of iron and other minerals like calcium, phosphorus, magnesium.
Few health points for the consumption of goat milk by infants:
Kids can be given goat milk formula from the day of birth, but it is advised that mother milk can be good till 6 months of age or assuring infant formula if they are not breastfed.
Kids can be given goat milk after the age of 1 year as a daily supplement.
Most significantly, everything should be recommended by a Paediatrician before making any changes in the formula. (source)
According to the latest research, compared to the cow and the buffalo milk, goat milk have various gut-healthy properties, especially for kids and infants. The various properties like less amount of lactose and agglutinin and high amounts of vitamins and mineral-like selenium, niacin, vitamin A and conjugated linoleic acid which is good for the human brain made goat milk a healthy drink for humans.
For more related articles regarding Mental and physical health: